Sunday, June 20, 2010

Weekend Smorgasborg

I have a few things I've been working on/have finished that I wanted to post.
First, as I mentioned before, I did another baby hat for new niece #2, Emily.
This one, I managed to get the right size (AKA: made for a baby head, rather than a full grown adult), so that was exciting.



Next, I sent my dad a homemade father's day gift this year. If I would've thought of this sooner, I would have made him something cooler but since it only occurred to me about a week ago, I decided to make something simple. I decided on a can/cup cozy. It was a free pattern I found on the Lion yarn website, and very easy. I think it's a little endearing that I made him something that a 4th grader could have made...don't you?



My family is just going to have to live with the fact that they will be getting hand-made gifts for the rest of their life.

I also started work on a full size afghan. I don't have pictures yet, but honestly, this project will probably take me at least 6 months to complete so there will be plenty of time for pictures :)

In other news, I found a pretty cool site, www.ravelry.com, where you can post pics of your work, search tons of patterns, see projects that other people are working on and just get some great ideas for future work. If you are into crocheting or knitting (this site caters to both), then you should definitely check it out. So far, I have added fingerless gloves, a dog sweater and slippers into my queue...so who knows what I'll be up to next...

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment